Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Why My Grooming Room is NOT Painted

You know, when I left here I really DID go to the grooming room and I started wiping down the walls and getting rid of the yet MORE hideous wall paper.  Then I received my daily 3:30 p.m. call from Mr. Drywall himself...to tell me that my Old English Mastiff dog named "Doom" had had a "minor" accident in the cage.  This means he was covered in poop and so was the cage.  Michael was on his way out the door ~ he had simply stopped by home in order to give the horses some hay (and let out said stupid dog) and had no time to wait for me to get home.  This means that the dog would have to be outside...alone..by himself.  There are CARS out there.  We certainly couldn't put the dog back into the house, he will chew anything that doesn't chew him first...not to mention the poopy paws.  SIGH.  This means I had to leave my station in the groom shop and go home to clean up the dog...and the wall the cage is next to...and the cage....
The above is Doom.  He is still a puppy, and therefore prone to accidents.

The above is Doom and Elsa (my female Highlander cat)  They are playing with the lazer pointer.  So...you see a bit about Dooms personality.  He is just a big doofy puppy right now.  Though, I do appreciate the fact that he does have a big protective streak in  him.  This also means that if someone has not visited in awhile, he has to "approve" them before I can let them in the door again.  

In the meantime, I had to get my belongings out of storage before they sold it all for charity or whatever it is they do to it if you leave it there.  SO...once again, Cue Michael to the rescue.


  He takes a U-haul over to storage and loads almost the WHOLE thing singlehandedly.  He did get some back up help for a few of the heavy things.  
Michael loaded ALL of this by himself!!  Mr. Superman!:)))


As per the norm, the other person who was supposed to help never showed up.  The one person who did help in the morning had a very legit reason for not being able to stay.  This left me to call my friends and beg for help...on a Friday...in the middle of the day!   Who does this?  Well, heaven was smiling on us, as one of my friends let us borrow her husband.  He helped Michael with everything else.  They made TWO trips.  They worked their hineys off.  They got it done.  They worked at it until 4:00 a..m.   I can't express how much I appreciate it. 

So, still ~ what does all THIS have to do with the Grooming Room?  I was called away, got the dog/cage/wall taken care of..why isn't it painted yet? (ahem)

THIS is why it is not painted...


 Remember when we (okay THEY) moved everything from storage?  Well, it all got packed into the house in various places...in essence I changed storage units.  The house though...it doesn't charge me monthly to keep my stuff here (it charges for other reasons.LOL)
The Dining Room
The above photo is the Dining Room ~ suffice it to say that the whole REST of the downstairs pretty much looks like this (filled to the ceiling with unidentified furniture, boxes, and other whoknowswhat. )

Now, you must be asking yourself WHY didn't they put the stuff into the appropriate rooms?  RIGHT?  Let me count the ways...

  • It was waaaay later than we had anticipated, we had borrowed a friends husband and he had already worked all day and we wanted to save time so he could get home at a decent hour.
  • Michael wanted very much to go see his Fairy Princes Girlfriend  and again in the interest of time, just piled stuff in wherever it would fit.
  • The dining room floor needs to be reinforced before we can put the heavy dining room table on it and expect it to hold.  
  • The rooms upstairs are not ready yet for the furniture as they are not finished yet.

Why aren't  the rooms finished?
Why wasn't the dining room floor already reinforced?

 Please see item two noting Fairy Princess girlfriend AND Michael works, TWO jobs AND is remodeling Fairys house ...he doesn't exactly have free time you know.
This 

PlusTHIS
Plus THIS
Equals THIS





















And THAT is why my grooming room is NOT painted:)  
I know the next question is...(drum role) why not find someone else who is less busy?  I don't know anyone else and money does not grow on trees.  Michael does these things out of the kindness of his heart (and luckily Fairy Princess allows it.) Other people want money.  Sooo, 
I still have to do the upstairs rooms first.  (more you tube videos for me ~ need to know how to put down carpet, and finish up the wall repair in one bedroom) THOSE things will be my NEXT adventure.  
Meanwhile...I MAY try to put together the computer desk...and I have a horse to train and cats to care for and family to cater to (my favorite thing) and a job to find..and that's all I need to do and everything will be great.:)

No comments:

Post a Comment