Friday, September 14, 2012

Listen to the DOG

Remember the computer desk that I so innocently mentioned last time we gathered here at this friendly up-beat blog?
Right so my great ego said I could put it together...

computer table




Seriously?  After spending TWO hours trying to figure out how to get this confounded, ridiculously difficult thing back together...I slumped to the floor, put my head in my hands, and sobbed uncontrollably, complete the picture with a big, doofy-darn-mastiff slobbering on my knee.  Because we ALL know that this is the way to make the desk put itself together!


I took a little trip down irrational ally in Melissa land...Yep I had a good 'ol fashioned self pity party here in the middle of my dirty floor surrounded by computer table parts and pieces, cursing the movers who took it apart to safely transport it!  THIS - THIS is what I have been reduced to, a sobbing, non-computer-desk-putting-together-no-job-having-mastiff-owning-mess!

As I'm sobbing into my hands, I hear this SQUEAK, SQUEAK, SQUEAK...naturally, in my state of woe-is-me..I think that mousezilla has discovered me and wants to bite my toe....



I wonder if he can put together this stupid computer desk?!!!
Sniveling (just like the kids do), I look up and look around, only to see that the Mastiff has abandoned me in favor of chewing up my crocks!!  Hence the squeaking sound ~ for those of you who are NOT slobbery, big, doofy, dog owners, THIS is the sound of a Mastiff chewing the only shoes you have with you.  GREAT!  Just great, I'm too pathetic even for the DOG to hang out with.  I yank my crock away from the dog and put it on my foot, not bothering to wipe it off first....(bad idea ~ I regretted this immediately)  Still feeling sorry for myself though, I did not do anything about the slimy crock upon my foot.  Instead, I looked for my other crock.  Wiping my eyes and sniffing, I absently wonder if the missing crock is stuck under one of the larger parts of the computer desk.  I look accusingly at the dog who immediately rolls over on his back doing his best rendition of  "I'm not really here, I've already died 1000 deaths, don't look at me that way"  Thus exposing the other crock sticking out from under his large chest.  I walked towards him and I sware he closed his eyes even more tightly.  I took the other crock and put it on too.  I rolled my eyes at the dog and decided to do something more productive with my time ~ like count the ceiling cracks or watch the un-mowed portions of my grass grow.

I have decided to use the computer desk as-is, and listen to the dog.

"Sink my teeth into something and knaw on it until it either falls apart, it's taken away,  or something new is created from it!"






My newly created NOT computer desk is working out just fine for now.



zzzzzzzzzzzz


No comments:

Post a Comment