Thursday, August 29, 2013

Registering a Complaint!

Why do I still have this Horse?!


You can see that I previously posted Libby, my Quarter horse mare for sale here: http://windyhillladventures.blogspot.com/2013/06/super-broke-been-there-done-that-for.html

Libby in the field with Sugar
I have NO idea why I still have her.  Since when is it difficult to sell and 9 year old dead broke, child safe trail horse that is a Quarter horse mare to boot!  I thought we were in Quarter Horse Country  here.   It's not that I haven't had people come out and look at her/ride her.  I have: some of them I turned away because I don't want the cowboys pulling her face off and kicking her in the ribs.  One person in particular was just the perfect match for Libby.  She was a charming older woman of very small stature that wanted a safe, small trail mount.  Libby is only 14.2 hands on a good day!  She couldn't be any quieter on the trial, if she were she would be sleeping!  We went on a short trail ride together (I, on the ever safe Sugar Bear and she on Libby) we amicably chatted about horses along the way.  Libby kept her head down and quietly walked along, just as I said she would.  

I know it's silly, but it hurts my feelings when people come out and and don't just fall in love with her if "I" think she is perfect for them!   It feels like the person is dissing my friend.  When they leave with the ever ready "We will let you know" statement, I look at miss Libby's soft, gentle eyes, and say "It's okay my girl, you were wonderful and you did a great job taking of that person.  We love you, that home just wasn't going to be right for you is all."
(My 12 year old son riding Libby at a Canter)


I have secretly promised her a home with lots of pasture and gentle horsey friends, and a child or gentle adult that will adore her as we do.  I am sure that home will come along. 

For now, I think I will pout a bit about it.  

Libby after a bath in the yard

No comments:

Post a Comment