Sunday, August 4, 2013

PAST ADVENTURE POST : The Pantry that could..

As is evidenced by the photos of my kitchen in earlier blogs, it's plain to see that I have very few cabinets.  Where do I put my kitchen things you ask?  Why, in totes of course!
Our food totes
The Totes are nice, I like totes...I would really, really prefer cabinets.   Well, barring the cabinet fairy floating down to earth and magically putting some up for me, that doesn't appear to be imminent, so I decided it was time for me to figure out how to fix the cabinets I do have, and the pantry as well.

The kitchen cabinet that is sitting upon my kitchen floor waiting to be magically hung was easy to fix with the
"JSchoot"  It isn't hung yet of course, but it's ready to be hung when I can drag, lure,   beg someone to do it for me.

Next the Pantry, with *B____ 's expert guidance we got it done.  I was super proud of myself for thinking of reinforcing it with wood in the back.    We did not have any huge mishaps either: sure, we dropped nails and screws every few moments, and yeah, the screws went through the other side several times... but so what!  I have a pantry, I'm proud of it.
Our repaired "pantry" it came with the house
After we had finished fixing the pantry and the cabinets, we rushed into the living room to unpack the mystery boxes marked "kitchen"  it was like Christmas, complete with hot chocolate and *B_______ humming random tunes.  We were so excited to see all of my fathers treasures carefully packed away and stored for us all of these years.  We placed each item with reverence and a smile  in a spot that it would call home.  Today, I will unpack our boxes from the farm house that will unfold more old memories for us.

Lastly, we moved the refrigerator to it's home and the large pantry to it's home.  I plugged the refrigerator in...it works! JOY!
working refrigerator!

As a final touch, we put my Dad's comfy lazy boy chair in the spot that has been waiting for it.  I'm not certain it will stay there, as *B_______  wants it in the sitting/reading room, and maybe it should be there...

Dad's Lazy boy


What makes me even more proud of all these adventures, is that as *B____ and I go through all of these experiences we come a step closer to this house really becoming a home.  We are building memories together and they will last a life time, and we are creating a legacy for generations to come.  I like that feeling.

Maybe I can hang those cabinets up myself...with a little help from *B____,  the carpenters son!


No comments:

Post a Comment