Friday, August 9, 2013

A Dobby Moment #1

Dobby Moments are brought to you as a courtesy of the Forever Kittens Cattery.

Sometimes they are funny, sometimes bitter sweet, and sometimes baffling...but always entertaining!

This will be Dobby Moment # 1

A Dobby Moment

 I am sitting at my computer desk, working away and in comes Dobby clutching a slender vase with weeds stuffed into it. 

I raise a brow questioningly and I am blessed with a rare Dobby smile.  After finishing my work, I put myself on break and peer at the still grinning Dobby. 

“Look!”  He exclaims with obvious pride.  “I picked you … um, wild roses” and with that he plunks the vase ever so gently down upon my computer desk above my monitors on the shelf. 

I look at the pretty weeds in the crystal vase and say “They are lovely Dobby, thank you so much for thinking of me.  That was very sweet… what makes you say they are wild roses?” 

“The thorns of-course” He responds with a quick grin.

I hug him and think to myself that I’m glad he sees these thistle weeds as “wild roses” and maybe they are natures wild rose.  Why not?


Dobbies "Wild Roses"

Enter my son….


“Mom, why do have thistles in a vase on your desk?  You Do know they are weeds right?”

“No they aren’t they are wild roses.”  I quip with a delighted smile

“Mom?”  B____ gives me worried look.

“Okay fine, yes, I know they are thistles, but they are rather pretty, and Dobby picked them for me and he dubbed them as wild roses…so they are now the wild roses of WindyHill…okay?”

B then proceeds to laugh his head off and of course break the news to poor Dobby that my desk is now graced with thistles, a weed that rabbits love.

Dobby took this exceptionally well. 

Meanwhile, I am a bit sad that the “wild rose” colored glasses were removed from our Dobbies eyes in regards to the thistle.  But none the less after all was said and done, even “B” appreciated the fact that the intention was good, and that indeed…perhaps under our rain cloud, the wild roses of WindyHill do exist.

Dobbies "Wild Roses"


   As a side note ** yes, I have already gotten several emails stating, “ A rose by any other name is still a rose”  …thus a weed by any other name is still a weed. 
I don’t care, hand me the wild rose colored glasses and my coffee ~ I have some calls to takeJ








No comments:

Post a Comment