Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Haunted House on Windy Hill???

I have been hesitant to mention the spooky goings ons here at Windy Hill, as I have placed a huge ban on all things spooky in this location.  I have had enough spooky in my life and do not look forward to anymore at all.  Thank you!

However, in deference to Halloween, I will in fact let you in on a few choice tid bits that did cause the hair on my arms to raise a little bit.
http://www.hauntedstudio.com/hauntedhill.htm

While sitting at my computer typing away, I hear crash! Bang! bang!  Coming from the kitchen...I pear around the computer and see both dogs looking, with ears perked in the direction of the kitchen.  Neither of them seemed particularly anxious to go investigate though.

"Some guard dogs you two are."  I say, and then begin typing again.

Crash!  BANG! then the creepiest sound of all ...something rolling across the floor.  Kharma is up, hair on her back standing striaght on end, Doom is growling low in his throat, neither of them are investigating!  What is going on?!  These two dogs go racing into to the other room on High Alert with teeth bared and hair up, if my own friend steps outside and then back inside again.  We hear mystery noises when no one else is here and they do this?  What are they waiting for ~ Michael Myers to come in with an engraved invitation?!

Michael Myers


Stupid dogs.

I shoo them towards the sounds...they walk slowly towards it...I walk even more slowly behind them...just like in the movies when it the people are stupidly sneaking up on something that really can't be snuck up on..

Rolling around on the floor is a white plastic pail that had been previously sitting upon the food tote.  Hmm, that's curious, but it could have been the least weasel knocking it down.  The dogs sniff around and Kharma does this weird thing in which she looks me directly in the eye and slowwwwllly wags her tail.  (brrr, creepy, I hate it when she does that.)  I say "Kharma, stop being weird and come on. "  She snaps out of it and "comes on."  I go back to typing, with no further incidents.

Next is the radio that turns on everyday while I drop my son off at school, I come home to the radio playing softly.  If I stay home that day and do not take my son to school, the radio stays off.  It's as if it only turns on to greet me.  hmmm
http://doowackadoodles.blogspot.com/2009_10_01_archive.html

As we know, the wind around here is always atrocious, so I attribute much of the sounds to the wind.  The banging on the windows, the wind (or suicidal cardinal, depending on if it's dark or light out) The strange creaking sound, the wind blowing the loose siding...the whistling, the wind blowing through one of the many cracks along the doors, the plunking sounds above my head, the least weasel making his nightly rounds.   Doors popping open, the house is crooked as it is, of-course the door didn't shut properly last time, or the time before.  Curtains blowing with the windows closed, definitely a fault in the old window seals.  The huge rain cloud that is always over my house, well it is that time of year.
http://www.wunderground.com/wximage/FairyGodMa/7?gallery=


But  maybe, juuuust maybe, for tonight only...I might entertain some thoughts that it could be something else...and now I will be going to Weedy Flats where I know it's safe!

Moonie, my favorite Halloween cat! Forever Kittens Cattery



No comments:

Post a Comment