Wednesday, July 31, 2013

How I got my DOBBY

How I got my Dobby


Dobby

Well, while I was standing in my kitchen feeling quite sorry for myself, looking at my mismatched cabinets clinging desperately to my wall, my bent faucet and my big, dumb, wet dog…. it washes over me, the sadness of not seeing my horses in the pasture when I got home, the fear that something bad had happened to all of them, the pressure of doing it all on my own, the fact that I still didn't even have a real job!  I allowed myself to have a “moment” I stood in my kitchen and had a nice, old fashioned cry over all that is unjust in my life and in the world (I tend to be a bit mellow dramatic when I have a moment) 

It occurred to me in that moment of self pity and mellow drama of ‘oh how difficult it is to be me’ that I do not have to live this way….  *Now, this would have been a fine time to start thinking positively about all that I had accomplished, and about how far I had come and about the fact that all is well and the horses are safe and we have the supplies for Gypsies eye, and we had the car to drive to get the horses, and the house is warm despite the ice-storm…well you get the idea *

 Here is what really happened….

I don’t have to live this way.  I don’t!  I can get a Dobby.  I know one.  He is my friend.  He will come here and save me from the evil spirit light, and shovel my porch, and maybe even hold a horse once in awhile.

I look furtively at the clock again…. it’s late…but I bet I can call.  I tell myself to only let it ring 2 times in case he is asleep.   I swallow my tears and call him… He answered on the first ring.


“Hello” he says in that quiet, secretive way of his ~ always managing to sound as if every call is a top-secret interaction.

I clear my throat and give him the brief version of my little bit of insanity, ending with “Will you come live with me?”

We struck a deal and I was off to get the Dobby.

He has been here ever since, and yes, he shovels the porch, lifts the bales, mows the lawn, chops the weeds, moves the heavy things and does all the general Dobby things that need to be done around here.  
Dobby mowing in the rain..remember he is allergic to rainwater!

Most importantly he prays with us.  


No comments:

Post a Comment